Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Quilt for Ruthie

For the past few months I have been totally Ruthless. That is to say, without Ruth :(
I'm not going to go into all the reasons why I think Ms. Ruthie is such a great person, mother, daughter, employee, sister and friend because I know it would embarrass her and I don't want to do that.

This is my first appliqué quilt and based on Sarah Fielke's Enchanted Blossoms quilt pattern (but altered because I'm no good at following rules!). Whilst sewing it, I spent time thinking about Ruth and her crazy ways, love of animals and punctuality, fear of opticians, plastic spiders, real snakes (with good reason) and her go-out-of-her-way determination to assist those who need assistance.

Ms Ruthie, you make life for everyone around you fun and yes, a little crazy too. But then what is life without a little craziness now and then?

Love you Ruthie
xoClair

Ms Ruth's quilt (a version of Sarah Fielke's Enchanted Blossoms quilt)

Back of quilt with mixture of vintage and new ikat fabrics



I decided (last minute) to make the corners scalloped
Next time I'll make a template and get them all the same (lol!)


No comments:

Post a Comment