Saturday, August 16, 2014

Quilt for baby Karina

Sometime late last year I began making a quilt for a gorgeous little lady by the name of Karina.
I had planned to have it finished by March and had a label printed up with that month as the finish date. Ooops. Better late than never right? 
I designed the pattern for this quilt to go with my Midnight Sun collection of fabrics. It was loosely based on a nordic pattern found in knitting and goes with the scandinavian theme of the collection.
I used the designs in the Darling colourway including my Fjordlands in Darling on the reverse.

The thing I'm most proud of with this quilt is that I did all the machine quilting myself! To be honest, that is why it took me such a long time to complete it. I'm not very confident with machine quilting and there was a lot of unpicking done in the first several attempts. The resulting quilting is quite "doodly" but I must say I like the way it turned out. 
Hopefully by the time I finish the next few quilts I'll be super confident!

Dearest Karina, I hope you love your quilt in the years to come! Maybe one day your little girl will use in on her bed too.
xoClair







1 comment:

  1. This is stunning Clair! Such a beautiful gift. And your quilting is just perfect as it is because it's done and gifted with love :)

    ReplyDelete