Sunday, June 29, 2014

Nautical Cross quilt

Here's my latest finished quilt, a stash-bustin' cross quilt with a nautical feel (for me at least).
I used a mixture of vintage and new fabrics and winged the pattern.

I based my colour choices on Red, Yellow and Blue and made sure that they were all warm toned colours so that they wouldn't clash. When I had pieced my crosses together they had a nautical feel, like signal flags or perhaps flags of scandinavian countries.

This one is for my sweet Little Ms B, who is now a big 7 year old girl and growing more independent each day.

The quilt is hand quilted using DMC Cotton Perle in two colours.

xoClair
Nautical Cross Quilt
the patterned fabrics are vintage finds and the solids are modern, except the lighter yellow  crosshatched fabric which is Caroline Friedlander (LOOVE her designs!)
a huge mixture of stash fabrics from Lincraft, vintage, old clothing and on-line purchases.
The far apart hand stitched quilting leaves the quilt soft and pliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment