Monday, February 10, 2014

Quilt for baby Abigail

This week I finished making a quilt for a little treasure of a baby girl: Abigail.
I used a fat quarter bundle of one of my favourite fabric collections at the moment, Fort Firefly by Teagan White for Birch Fabrics.
The collection is full of adventure and beauty, fireflies, moths and the sweetest little forest nymph of a girl with rosy cheeks and scraped knees. I couldn't resist it! So when I heard of the birth of baby Abigail I came up with a design and have been sewing away until now, yes it has taken me that long!

As well as using Teagan's lovely collection, I have used some other fabrics new and vintage. I must say that I'm in love with the backing fabric which was a vintage but unused sheet, it has the most wonderful soft texture. I hand quilted this one which was lovely as I was able to sit on the couch in front of the telly!

I hope Ms Abigail loves it and comes to treasure it and I wish her all the beauty and adventure possible in her travels through life.
big smoochy kisses from "aunty" Clair
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment