Monday, December 30, 2013

Wrapping things up for 2013

This year has been a good one for my family and myself, challenging in many ways but I feel good about how we met those challenges. We've all come through it happier, healthier and with a better perspective.

Looking back on the year I would say I've met some vague resolutions I had about trying to spend more time with people and not so much time on my PC! I definitely spent less time watching TV which in turn led to more time for quilting, crafting and designing resulting in a happier me which in turn resulted in a happier family.

This year, one of the best decisions I made was to join my local Modern Quilt Guild (CMQG), and make an effort to attend meetings and get to know the members.
I've not only learned a heap about quilting and appliqué techniques, but I've started to get to know some AMAZING gals. I am looking forward to spending more time with them all next year :)

So, while we're talking New Year's resolutions I thought I'd tell y'all about this little book I purchased recently. It's called 2014 Create Your Amazing Year Life and Biz Workbook by an Aussie gal named  Leonie Dawson.
Basically it is a management tool for those of us who want to achieve particular goals in our personal and/or business lives. But don't let my description put you off because she has really made it fun and easy to visualise and identify what you really want out of your next trip around the sun.

My 2014 Create your Amazing Year Life & Biz workbook by Leonie Dawson (unfinished baby quilt in background using the gorgeous Fort Firefly fabric collection by Tegan White)

I am a very easily distracted person. Squirrel! Where? Yeah, stupidly easily distracted.
Sometimes this works for me as my mind flows from one idea to the next which means I'm rarely lacking in inspiration, but a lot of the time I find it hard to concentrate on one thing and follow it through to completion. And the worst aspect of this distractibility is that I forget things, sometimes really important things like breathing - almost not joking there! So I need lists, charts and general reminders to keep me on track to where I should be headed and not chasing endless images on Pinterest - yeah you know what I mean by that don't you?

So I haven't tried this wonder diary before but I will be using it during 2014 and to keep myself accountable will be reporting back on how it has been going and if I think it is worth the dosh.
I bought myself a printed edition but you can also get ebook versions of them. It is a very pretty colourful creation and it encourages you to think about what is important to you, what you must invest more of yourself into, what you should celebrate and what you need to let go of. I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot out of this little workbook :)

On the home front, Christmas was GREAT! Lots of good food and great company. Spent some time on my new fabric collection (name still pending) - am so excited about it and can't wait to share it! Spent a few days with a Horrible virus but back to normal now.

We are awaiting some family members visiting from the UK and Ms. B was itching to get her cupcake baking set out (thanks Santa) and make some welcome to Aus cupcakes.
Sticky Gingerbread cupcakes with Chocolate icing - and she really has the technique of the icing bag mastered already!



All the very best for 2014 everyone!
xoClair 

2 comments:

  1. Have a lovely new year Clair! See you next year! Thw workbook look fun.. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amira! I look forward to catching up with you and getting some tips for Free Motion Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete