Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fabric Finds - Mid Century Fabric

I found these two items in the same recycle centre but at different times but they somehow fit together.
They are both fabric designs from the mid-century and both are half made skirts (one is half finished and the other has been half de-constructed!).

The first one I found was being used as a rag in a knitting machine box, just a tiny piece of it was poking out but I knew I'd struck gold! It had a lot of soiling and oil stains all over it but nothing that didn't come out after a good soak in bucket of hot Sard Wonder Soak!

The design is of quaint little postcards/photos from what appears to be Spain or a Spanish colony on a grey background.

The second (the half made skirt) is of a faux Egyptian design in Yellow and grey/blue &navy with with a supposed to be hieroglyphs. There are pockets sewn onto the skirt and it is ready to be pleated and a waistband applied.


My pick of the two is definitely the postcards print! It also needs to be re-pleated and have a waistband applied. It's currently in my UFO pile :) I'll be sure to report back if and when it gets finished.


What thrifty treasures have you found lately?
xoClair

2 comments:

  1. Which one is your favourite? I'd be happy to send you one of them :)

    ReplyDelete