Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spoonflower Challenge: Geek Chic

This week the Spoonflower/Robert Kaufman Fabric8 competition takes its final entries.

This year I applied my new mantra to my design process, SIMPLIFY.
My entry into Fabric8 is called Test Pattern Sampler 1982.

Test Pattern Sampler 1982 - fabric design by Bee&Lotus

The design is based on the old test pattern you used to see on analog television, either when the station closed for the night (where I live it wasn't that long ago!) or when the station was experiencing "technical difficulties".

I wanted bring a crafty element to the design and the idea of creating a cross stitch sampler sprung to mind and seemed to work perfectly. I had great fun playing around with patterns using a mixture of just the four options of cross, no cross, back-slash & forward-slash. Who knew there were so many variations to be had? Yeah ok, so probably heaps of you, especially the embroiderers. I guess this is where my lack of craft skills shows :}

You will be able to purchase Test Pattern Sampler 1982 on a range of fabrics and as wallpaper in my Bee & Lotus Spoonflower shop soon.



Details of Test Pattern Sampler 1982 by Bee&Lotus

No comments:

Post a Comment