Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Peachy/Beige/Cream

During the Christmas break I decided to repaint my little girl's bedroom. In October last year we moved into out current home which we LOVE!!!! However, we also inherited a very dated and boring colour scheme.
All of the walls in the entire house were painted a peachy/beige/cream colour, with a darker shade of peachy/beige/cream for the trim and doors. It is a huge job to paint the whole house and I feel anxious just thinking about it, so I decided to start with one room.

I used Wattyl Alta Sierra, a warm grey (CMYK= 19, 17, 25, 0) on the walls and painted the trim in Love Note white, which turns out to be the base white colour.
Here's how it turned out..

 To add some colour I purchased a number of fair trade felt balls online from Felt & Yarn in Nepal and threaded them to make a garland. They are fantastic quality and were posted really quickly, I highly recommend using them. You can still see the horrible peachy colour of the wardrobe doors, which I will be painting in the garage soon.


The felt balls come in a HUGE range of colours of which I bought 10 x 28 of the different colours.
The Matryoshka wall hook is an oldie I picked up at an Op shop (Thrift store) years ago.

Now to frame those gorgeous Etsy prints........

No comments:

Post a Comment