Thursday, January 17, 2013

Inspired: Bill Gibb

Today I made a lovely discovery at my local library, a book on the work of Scottish designer Bill Gibb.
I had not heard of this wonderful designer until now, but I have unwittingly appreciated his legacy through the amazing and wonderful designs of John Galliano.

'British designers are story tellers, fairytale tellers, dreamers and I think this was really the essence of the romance behind Bill Gibb'
-John Galliano

Here are just a few of Bill Gibb's creations, the last one being one of my favourites as it is decidedly contemporary and  because I just plain LOVE printed leather!

Gibb wearing work from his Byzantine collection Aut/Win 1976

Woodland inspired printed dress by Bill Gibb Aut/Win 1972

 Gibb often collaborated with Kaffe Fassett to create luxurious knitwear.

Printed leather & sequin design by Bill Gibb Aut/Win 1972

Enjoy!
xoClair

No comments:

Post a Comment