Monday, November 19, 2012

Moorish star quilt for Emma

A long while ago I mentioned that I was making a quilt for a little baby girl named Emma.
Well the other week I finally finished it!
I have to confess that I am not a very good quilter, I get confused when it comes to cutting funny angles and adding a seam allowance. This is probably because I am self taught, not to mention quite impatient!
So I cheated a little in the creation of this quilt, instead of cutting lots of pieces to create the "star" panels, I sewed those little triangles right on top of that square!



I feel as though I saved myself a lot of brain ache and time, however an experienced quilter may not feel the same.

Here is the finished product:

Moorish Star baby quilt - using Granada & Granada II 
collection fabrics by Bee&Lotus


I will be sharing this quilt pattern for free very soon. Just keep your eyes peeled for Bee&Lotus Free and Easy Quilt Love!

Enjoy!
xoClair

1 comment:

  1. Dear Clair

    Thank you so much for making such a lovely handmade quilt for Emma!! It's absolutely beautiful! We admire it everyday! She spends a lot of time there playing and rolling! You have an amazing skill and creativity and kindness - thank you again for your generous gifts, Clair! We should make a visit to the lab again soon.

    Tomomi & Emma xx

    ReplyDelete