Sunday, October 21, 2012

Spoonflower Challenge: 2013 Tea Towel Calendar

This week's design challenge from Spoonflower was to produce a design to be printed onto a fat quarter (18" x 21") so that it can be used as a tea towel/calendar. Spoonflower holds this tea towel calendar contest every year.

Two years ago, my first ever textile design was my entry for this very contest.
I named the design Pretty Good Year. Yes, it was named after a Tori Amos song, I had been revisiting a particularly good album of hers at the time called Under the Pink.

by Bee & Lotus

I had a really positive response from the voters at Spoonflower to this design, people told me that they loved the use of colour. With that in mind I created my design for the 2013 tea towel calender using colours from the pallette that I used in Pretty Good Year.

So without further ado, here is my Lollypop Plaid 2013 Tea Towel Calendar.



You can vote for my design and see all of the other wonderful design entries here.

xoClair

No comments:

Post a Comment