Monday, June 18, 2012

Spring Peony textile design

And now for something completely different.
I designed this fabric a few weeks ago, it really is completely different to any of my previous designs. I wanted to play with photographic images using posterizing effects (in Photoshop) to simplify the colour range. I like the results, it makes me think of colour by numbers. 

I'd like to see it pieced into a quilt, or perhaps used to upholster a set of 1950's style dining chairs, or ideally have it used in a rug design! Oh, how my imagination gets ahead of me ;).

What do you think it would work as?
If you want to make something with it yourself, you can purchase Spring Peony fabric here or browse the other designs in my Spoonflower shop.

Here's the fat quarter I had printed onto Linen/Cotton Canvas by Spoonflower.

Spring Peony textile design by Bee & Lotus, and in detail below.





xoClair

No comments:

Post a Comment