Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fingers crossed for Fabric8!

After four weeks of drawing, cutting, painting, Photoshop-ing and dreaming designs for the Robert Kaufman/Spoonflower Fabric8 design competition, I finally entered my final design!

The theme is Pen & Ink/Watercolour. So I bought some new paints and cleaned off the old palette and started to experiment and this is what I eventually ended up with:



  Granada Floral Ink Fabric in Henna colourway by Bee & Lotus for Fabric8


The design was created by cutting shapes from watercolour paper, then painting them, scanning and arranging using Photoshop.

 work in progress

I then used my Wacom tablet to sketch a Moorish design (from a stone carving in the Alhambra). Since making the initial design I have been crazily creating co-ordinating fabric designs which can be found in the Granada collection in my Spoonflower shop.

Here are samples of just some the co-ordinating designs!





I am really looking forward to seeing more entries for the Fabric8 competition! I have already seen some amazing entries from some very talented people in the Spoonflower community.
Big ups to Spoonflower and Robert Kaufman fabrics for giving designers like me such a great opportunity!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment