Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spoonflower Challenges: Rain & Project Selvage

This time I've kept my entry for the Spoonflower contest really simple. I've always loved going for a walk after an Autumn rainstorm, so I've created fallen leaf motifs and ripples to create a simple design. Hope you like it! Please be sure to vote for my (and other) designs in the Rain Spoonflower Contest next week.

Autumn Showers - textile design by Bee & Lotus

If you visit the Spoonflower website, be sure to vote for your favourite designs in the Project Selvage contest. The winner of the contest will be employed by Michael Miller as a textiles designer! I myself did enter the contest but failed to make it through to the semi-finals :( Oh well! Here is my design titled A Boy Named Peter, titled after Sergei Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.

A Boy Named Peter - textile design by Bee & Lotus
A Boy Named Peter - printed on canvas

There are some absolutely wonderful designs entered and I can't wait to see the final results. The folks at Michael Miller fabrics have provided such a fantastic opportunity for one lucky designer, so show them some support and vote today! Good Luck to everyone entered in the contest, I'm sure the winner will be very deserving of the prize. xo

1 comment:

  1. Rain Contest update:
    This design ranked 6 out of 361 entries, with 524 votes. Thanks to everyone who voted for my design!

    ReplyDelete