Friday, March 18, 2011

Annie Franklin - artist and printmaker

In May 2001 I came across an ad in the local paper for an exhibition by an Australian artist named Annie Franklin. The small image of one of her paintings was enough to entice me and my sister along to her wonderful exhibition "Feast". The beauty of Annie's work actually made my sister and I cry!
I wanted so badly to take a piece of this work home with me but alas, all of the work had been sold.
I had to wait a few more years before I could purchase my very own Annie Franklin painting.
I now am very lucky to own 4 of her prints and 1 painting.

Annie has kindly agreed to let me share her work with you on my site, but if you would like to see more please visit Annie's lovely site here.

Here are some of the paintings from Annie Franklin's "Feast" exhibition in 2001.


Tain's Okra - acrylic & oil on canvas on board, 2001 Annie Franklin

Daily Harvest - acrylic & oil on canvas on board, 2001 Annie Franklin

View from the studio, Gualchos in May -
acrylic & oil on canvas & board, 2001 Annie Franklin


And some more of Annie's gorgeous work...


One Tuesday Morning - Oil & acrylic, 2005 Annie Franklin


Feathered Angels - Oil & acrylic on fabric, 2005 Annie Franklin


Friarbird and Banksia - handcoloured solar print, 2008 Annie Franklin


Moju- handcoloured solar print, 2005 Annie Franklin


Homage to Fukuoka, Spring - Oil & acrylic on board, 2009 Annie Franklin


Homage to Fukuoka, Summer - Oil & acrylic on board, 2009 Annie Franklin


Homage to Fukuoka, Autumn - Oil & acrylic on board, 2009 Annie Franklin


Homage to Fukuoka, Winter - Oil & acrylic on board, 2009 Annie Franklin



Sacred Mountains, Gulaga - oil & acrylic on canvas, 2009 Annie Franklin


Backyard Portrait, Aragunna - oil & acrylic on canvas, 2009 Annie Franklin



I hope you love Annie's work as much as I do, now I'm off to do some more work on my Project Selvage design.
Wishing you the very best weekend possible.
xo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving a lovely positive comment; your blog is full thoughts, inspiration and creativity I'm off to have a bit more of a read x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy. Same to you, I love Umbrella Prints designs!!

    ReplyDelete