Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Spoonflower Challenge: Pointillism

The next Spoonflower contest theme is Pointillism, every design entered must be created using dots of pure colour only. I really want to use my limited free time in the next few weeks to work on the following contest themed Breakfast so I set myself a time limit for the design for the Pointillism contest. 1 hr. Yep that's it, only 60 mins.

So I've kept it simple, really simple. In fact I'm a bit worried it's too simple.
oh well, I guess we'll find out soon enough :)



Get to the Point! - textile design for Spoonflower Pointillism contest



I think the design looks best at the maximum size (you can change the scale of any Spoonflower design to meet your needs). I would love to see this design made up into curtains for a child's bedroom or an art smock, even a shower curtain! I think it would be great if Spoonflower could produce custom oilcloth, although I don't know enough about digital fabric printing to know if that would be possible.I'd love to know if anyone has seen such a thing!

You can also change the pattern by selecting basic repeat, half-drop, half brick (as image) or mirror repeat.

I will be off to the coast for a few days with the family to have a well deserved break
Good luck to everyone in Queensland battening down for Cyclone Yasi

xo

1 comment:

  1. Contest update:
    This design ranked 18 out of 105 entries, with 256 votes. Thanks to everyone who voted for my design!

    ReplyDelete