Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Spoonflower Design Challenge: Dogs

This week the Spoonflower design contest theme is Dogs. I chose a very hand-drawn vintage style for my design this time, using my scanned sketches and Adobe Photoshop software to add colour and a background pattern.

As I am lacking in suitably still canine models, I searched out photographs of dogs in my collection of British Country Living magazines to use as studies for my sketches. It was so nice to have an excuse to flick through them again.

I have been reading (but mostly drooling over the pictures in) Country Living for over 15 years now, and it’s such a lovely seasonal read.

Anyhoo, I’ve titled my design for this contest “Dogs are the Best People” after the Fauves (Aussie rock band) song of the same name from 1996 which includes the lyrics:

“Little head on the bed, and his little chocolate eyes”!


Dogs are the best People - textile design by Bee & Lotus


If you like my design please be sure to visit the Spoonflower contests page from December 22 and vote for it.

All the best for the rest of the week

xo

1 comment:

  1. Contest update:
    This design ranked 86 out of 121 entries, with 67 votes. Thanks to everyone who voted for my design.

    ReplyDelete