Friday, November 5, 2010

Spoonflower 2011 Tea Towel Calendar

A while ago when visiting Soulemama's blog (sigh! what an amazing mama!) I discovered the wonderful Spoonflower. This is an amazing company that can print your custom created designs and photos onto a range of fabrics for a very reasonable price and no high set up costs that are normally associated with screenprinting.


Every week Spoonflower has a design competition with a chosen theme. The latest design challenge was to create a 2011 tea towel calendar to fit a fat quarter sized piece of fabric. So I fired up Illustrator and began to play...

This was much more challenging than I expected! Do you know how hard it is to fit 365 elements into a fat quarter? There is not a lot of room left for illustration I can tell you, so I decided to focus on colour instead.

Here is what I came up with. I am currently awaiting a delivery of the design printed onto Linen-Cotton Canvas. If you like the design you can purchase it at my Spoonflower shop. Just click on the design and select ‘Fat quarter’ then choose your fabric. One repeat printed onto a fat quarter of Cotton-Linen Canvas will cost you USD$14 plus postage.


Pretty Good Year - Tea Towel Calendar by Bee & Lotus

I will keep you posted on the results of the Spoonflower comp as there are always so many beautiful designs entered.

xo

1 comment:

  1. Contest update:
    This design ranked 14 out of 113 entries, with 460 votes. Thanks to everyone who voted for my design!

    ReplyDelete