Thursday, November 11, 2010

Spoonflower Design Challenge: Candles

This week the Spoonflower design competition theme is Candles.

Hmm. Candles huh? Interesting theme, meant to coincide with Christmas and other seasonal holidays without being specific to any particular religion me thinks. After some thought, I decided on a Mexican theme – just so I would get to play with bright colours! This is the first repeat pattern I have created using Adobe Illustrator and I’m really pleased with the results.

My Light up the Darkness candle design will soon be available for purchase in my Bee&Lotus Spoonflower shop. I’m thinking of having some yardage printed in the yellow onto Silk Crepe de Chine (ahhhh, drooool! Yellow silk!!)

Voting will open on the 1st December for the Candles theme design competition. If you like my design please drop in and cast a vote for it and all the other lovely designs there.

I’m off to the coast on the weekend, enjoy yours!

xo

1 comment:

  1. Contest update:
    This design ranked 51 out of 71 entries, with 67 votes. Thanks to everyone who voted for my design!

    ReplyDelete