Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Spoonflower Design Challenge– 12 days of Christmas

This week the Spoonflower design contest theme is “The 12 days of Christmas”.

I spent many, many hours first trying to decide on the imagery and style of the design and then actually creating the design using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

I first drew illustrations of the characters mentioned in the song. These were scanned, turned into vector images and then parcels, letters and postcards and postage stamp images were created. This design was an excellent test of my skills on Illustrator, software that I have not been using for a great length of time. I had quite a bit of fun researching famous lovers from history and literature, see if you can work them all out!

All in all I’m quite pleased with the resulting design. If you like my design don’t forget to vote for it in December at the Spoonflower contest page. The design will be available for purchase shortly in my Spoonflower shop.

Please Mr. Postman - 12 Days of Christmas fabric design


Please Mr. Postman fabric design in repeat

Speaking of parcels and delightful gifts, have you ever received something in your letterbox that was totally unexpected? These days we tend to receive items we are expecting, junk mail or even worse, bills. In 2011, I intend to start sending out some special little parcels for no reason other than to delight the recipient.

I’m thinking one a month should suffice. Anyone care to join in the Random Postal Delights Lucky Draw? Post a comment or send me a message at beeandlotus(at)gmail.com and I’ll put your address on the recipients list (which will never be shared with a third party or used for any other purpose) to go in the draw to receive a lovely surprise parcel in your post box in 2011.

xo

1 comment:

  1. Contest update:
    This design ranked 19 out of 43 entries, with 236 votes. Thanks to everyone who voted for my design!

    ReplyDelete