Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lost on the Midway - The Black Apple

One cold evening a few years back I was snuggled in to the sofa and browsing through Etsy on the laptop, looking for some handmade goodness, when I came across The Black Apple Etsy store, and oh my!

The Black Apple is Emily Martin, self proclaimed curiosity peddler and picture scribbler living in Portland Oregon, one of my favourite cities. Emily's beautiful whimsical paintings and drawings are available as prints, totes, pins and more and can be found in her Etsy store.
One of Emily's most recent series of work, Lost on the Midway brings an imaginary carnival of the cutest sideshow oddities you've ever seen.


The Bearded Lady


The Strong Man

Cymbal Monkey


I am especially fond of the Lost on the Midway Pin Pack available through The Black Apple Etsy store.


Have a wonderful weekend!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment